Saturday, July 4, 2015

Paper Towns by John Green review

Synopsis from the back of the book:
The thing about Margo Roth Spiegelman is that really all I could ever do was let her talk, and then when she stopped talking encourage her to go on, due to the facts that 1. I was incontestably in love with her, and 2. she was absolutely unprecedented in every way, and 3. she never really asked me any questions…
Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo from afar. So when she climbs through his window to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow. But the next morning, Q turns up at school and Margo doesn’t. She’s left clues to her disappearance, like a trail of breadcrumbs for Q to follow.
And everything leads to one unavoidable question: who is the real Margo?


Ugh, what should I say about this book. It feels like every word is a spoiler yet I have so many things I want to share. 
From the very beggining, the prologue, I knew this book was special. 


Just like any other John Green book I've ever read, it left me with a bittersweet taste at the end. A book that leaves you thinking about a bunch of questions. How well do we know the people around us? How easy is it to leave? Why do we idialize the others? 


Q is the kind of guy that has his life planned. The kind of guy who doesn't believe in prom and hangs out in the band room.
Q is dedicated to find Margo, the girl how has loved since forever. He's hunted by the idea that Margo's disappearence means she's dead. He's willing to ditch everything to find her. But then what?


Margo is not a mystery. She's not an adventure. She's a girl that most have idealized. Q, for example, thinks that she's the most fantastically gorgeous creature that God has ever created. She just loved mysteries so much she became one. She just wanted to leave. 


No matter its bittersweetness, Paper Towns had some extremely funny scenes during the roadtrip, school and the party.


It definitely gained 5/5 stars and a very special place in my heart. 

And with the movie coming up this month it would be an understimation to say that I'm excited! I mean, the cast is freaking awesome! Cara Delevingne and Nat Wolff are just ideal for me!


Here's the goodreads page of the book, John Green's website and the movie trailer (which is absolutely awesome by the way!) for more information.


What about you? Have you read the book? Will you watch the movie when it comes out? Let me know in the comments bellow.

Untill the next post...



Grnger♪


No comments:

Post a Comment