Sunday, August 9, 2015

Paper Towns movie review




IMDb's storyline:
Adapted from the bestselling novel by author John Green, Paper Towns is a coming-of-age story centering on Quentin and his enigmatic neighbor Margo, who loved mysteries so much she became one. After taking him on an all-night adventure through their hometown, Margo suddenly disappears -leaving behind cryptic clues for Quentin and his quick-witted friends on an exhilarating adventure that is equal parts hilarious and moving. Ultimately, to track down Margo, Quentin must find a deeper understanding of true friendship -and true love.




Director: Jake Schreier
Stars: Nat Wolff as Quentin Jacobsen, Cara Delevigne as Margo Roth Spiegelman, Austin Abrams as Ben, Justice Smith as Radar, Halston Sage as Lacey, Jaz Sinclair as Angela

OH MY GOSH THE MOVIE IS SO GOOD LET ME HAVE A FANGIRL MOMENT HERE

Okay, that was enough excitement. However, this sentence describes so accurately the movie. 



Probably the best thing about it is the fact that it is so accurate and close to the book without being boring and predictable for those who have read it. Things have changed but only slight -or not -details that make the movie a lot better than it would be. 
From a technical perspective, the movie was very well directed and executed with the right selection of music in each scene which made it a magical experience. 


From a fangirl perspective, it was amazing. I have expressed my love for the cast again in this blog and I was not disappointed. Each scene felt so deep and just like I wanted it to feel. The moments Margo and Q had during their adventure and especially in the SunSet building gave me chills!


So now let's talk about cameos! In case you didn't know two very special cameos are in this movie. People we know and love and have already seen in The Fault in Our Stars. Still didn't got it? Okay, then... I'm going to spoil the very obvious and easy to find right now. So.. *drum roll*


Yep! Ansel Elgort does have a cameo in Paper Towns! Our very handsome Augustus Waters -or Caleb if you prefer - is a gas station assistant and has two whole lines that I'm not going to spoil, too. I loooooved this part!
However, the second cameo was a very hard to detect. John Green does have a cameo, too. One that according to him, not even his wife could see. I actually had to google it when I came back home from the movies and I was surprised when I saw it.


All in all, I really did love the movie. It was hilarious yet heartbreaking just like the book. I do not recommend it only for John Green fans but for preety much everyone.



Have you watched the movie? Did you detect John Green's cameo? Let me know!

Until the next post...


Grnger♪



No comments:

Post a Comment